Carbon exhibits the property of existing in different forms. This property is called allotropy and the different forms are called allotropes of carbon. The most common allotropes of carbon includes-
Fullerenes are also known as buckyballs and are molecules of varying sizes composed entirely of carbon that take on the form of hollow spheres, ellipsoids and tubes. Buckyballs have been studied extensively due to their unique chemistry and for their technological applications. Buy C60 fullerenes from our company which is an innovative producer and supplier of fullerenes and their derivatives in Europe. Go into the site for more information.
C60 fullerenes have great technological applications which is the reason why these have always been a subject of intense study and research. Here are some of the application is areas of Carbon 60 fullerenes.
- Research and development
- Paintwork materials
- Composite and polymeric materials
- Automotive industry
- Powder metallurgy
Fullerene’s existence was predicted way back in the 70s. It was actually discovered in 1985. Carbon 60 was the first to be discovered. Other members of the fullerenes family were discovered shortly afterwards. This was considered to be a huge discovery and the scientists standing behind it were awarded the Nobel prize in Chemistry in 1996.
C60 fullerene and also C70 fullerene with excellent properties are available for sale at our company. We also produce other derivatives of fullerene. The purity of each fullerene can be seen here. We cover the following range of products-
- Fullerene Extract C60/C70
- Fullerene C60 98+; 99+; 99,9+
- Fullerene C70 98+; 99+
Method Of Synthesis:
Fullerene is produced after going through the following stages-
- Fullerenes or fullerene containing soot are produced by the arc method. In this method, a direct current arc voltage is applied across two graphite electrodes immersed in an inert gas such as He.
- Separation: This is the purification step which involves separation of each fullerene molecule, yielding pure fullerenes such as C60.
- Synthesis of derivatives: This is mostly done by employing techniques of organic synthesis.
- Other post-processing such as dispersion into a matrix.
You can buy C60 fullerenes made by prominent scientists from our company.This has allowed us to set quality standards on the market, while staying very competitive with prices. C60 fullerenes and the other members of the fullerene family have proved to be of great importance as it serves a range of technological applications. Buy the best quality from us.